Monday, December 23, 2013

Social Media in the Workplace: The Pinterest Edition


As a Communication/Rhetoric Major, I find myself more engaged and thoroughly interested in new pieces of technology because it directly relates back to the classes I am taking. When I found out that we were utilizing new pieces of social media in the office, I was ecstatic. Our Pinterest board, especially, caught my attention because it was so easy to find information. From clothing tips to internships, Pinterest is able to display career related tips to our students and alum. 

One of the perks of working at Career Services is learning about professionalism in the workplace. I absolutely love dressing up, and I have the opportunity to do so in the office. Through learning what to wear, I was also able to learn about interview dos and don'ts, too! The counselors in the office enforced these ideals, but Pinterest was also a large component in this learning curve. 

Why has Pinterest become so popular? It's simple -- over the years our brains have subconsciously adapted to the developments in technology and social media. Most importantly, our brains (since they're starting to process the world around us so quickly) have become accustomed to only seeing pictures or short phrases. Pinterest caters to this "new brain" and also allows audiences to interact with one another almost instantly.

Our Pinterest board caters to shopaholics everywhere, through boards titled "Men's Accessories" to "Women's Attire". There is a board for every job, interview, and internship question you may have. Want to learn more? Explore all of our Pinterest boards and let our office know what kinds of things you would want to see! 




Dress for Success! What to wear to a Career Fair

No comments:

Post a Comment